More of the same

Recently as I was walking to work I noticed a taxi driver pull into McDonalds drive-thru and I wondered if I were in the same situation (that of being a taxi driver) would I do the same? I think if I had a drive around all day for a living I’d do whatever I could to get out of that car for lunch. Even if just to sit on a bench and eat a sandwich.

I’d even do that now if I could find somewhere to sit. Each lunch I leave the office and go for a walk just to get away from the artificial lighting and air. The fresh air makes me feel so much lighter and clears my head.

I know there are complete opposites though. I would say that 75% of the other people at work barely even see the daylight and go home and sit on their computers all night and then go back to work to sit on a computer all day. I just can’t do that… it hurts my head.

That being said, I’ve spent a good amount of the weekend here ๐Ÿ˜€ I think it is the knowledge that I have a 4 day weekend and have a chance to do other things later in the day. Also the fact that the weather has been crap and made me sad. And that I can’t beat Deadwood in Drawn to Life.

Given the option, do you spend your time outside of work doing something different or are you happy to do more of the same?

1. Stephanie says:

When my job is on a computer, I tend to stay away from computers as much as possible outside of work, not because I don’t like computers, but because I have no more desire to be near computers outside of work. Much as I enjoy what I do and the subjects I dabble into, I would appreciate a life outside of them very much.

2. Adam says:

I work near a fast-food chain drive-through, and frequently see taxis going through there. As for me, if I’m indoors all day, I like to go for a walk outside in the afternoon, or walk to the train station after uni instead of catching the tram there. It’s nice to have fresh air and get a bit of exercise instead of sitting indoors all day!

3. Georgina says:

Variety is the spice of life. SERIOUSLY. ๐Ÿ˜€ I am at a computer much too much. I’ll admit I’m addicted. But it is really nice to socialise. I treasure the time I have with my friends. For one thing, I don’t have many friends. And for another thing, I truly love getting out and being adventurous, but I need a friend to pull me up and get my butt moving.

I worked in an office in the summer (our summer, because you know Australia is cool ;)) and I longed taking a nap on the bus home or getting fresh air in my break (but it was boiling outside!).

I love my computer and using a computer but it feels good to just chill and hang out. But as I said earlier… someone needs to get me out of this chair. ๐Ÿ˜›

4. Jenni says:

My job involves spending a lot of time on Facebook and Twitter, and blogging, so yes I would say that I do go home and do more of the same lol. I spend far too much time on the computer. Although it’s interesting, because when I was reading the first bit about the taxi driver I was like, ‘That’s so weird, I’d never do that’..but apparently I do! ๐Ÿ˜›

5. Deanna says:

I’m happy doing the same thing at home as I do at work most of the time. I don’t mind sitting on a computer all day everyday, but my boyfriend thinks it’s an addiction so I try not to do it when he’s around. In the summer I will change the scenery by taking the computer outside on the deck lol.

6. Vera says:

These days I spend my free time, either shopping, watching a movie or sleeping. As you can imagine, my company doesn’t pay me for any similar work ๐Ÿ˜›

I do think about writing a script or two for fun… but I have to be extremely motivated to actually manage to even start writing it.

So yeah: definitely doing something non-work related when I don’t have to. ๐Ÿ™‚